Remember those small purple eggplant from my last post that I bought from the St. Augustine Farmers Market?
They transformed into the most amazing light lunch paired with some fresh organic basil I picked up there as well, a small amount of whole milk mozzarella and some roasted pumpkin seeds hot and crispy right out of the oven.
This was an impromptu lunch so I am estimating the measurements…no matter…any amount of each ingredient you add in will be scrumptious.
Fall Farmers Market Lunch
1 small bunch of fresh basil
2 Campari tomatoes
6 mini eggplant (regular would be just as tasty)
1 ounce of fresh vegan mozzarella or cashew cheese
Palm full of freshly roasted, seasoned pumpkin seeds
Garlic salt and pepper to taste
Extra virgin olive oil spray
1. Preheat your grill or George Foreman Grill.
2. Slice the tops off the small eggplant and slice each in half lengthwise. In a small bowl spray them with EVOO spray and sprinkle them with garlic salt and pepper. Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop out the seeds. Add the tomatoes to the same bowl and toss everything to coat.
3. Place the eggplants and tomato on the grill, cut side down, and close the lid. Grill for about five to seven minutes.
4. While veggies are grilling, cut mozzarella into cubes and de-stem the basil leaves.
5. In a small bowl add the roasted vegetables, basil and pumpkin seeds. Gently mix.