Two great things.
1) I got my handy dandy “fu” press and I love it. So much easier and takes up a lot less space than stacking two plates with Jack Welch’s book “Straight from the Gut” on top as a weight.
2) Cara’s Cravings Blog supplied me with this most excellent tofu recipe.
Sesame Maple Ginger Tofu. Thanks Cara!
Apparently my recipe reading skills are a little rusty. Only after I had marinated the tofu overnight did I realize it was simply supposed to be added to the tofu towards the end of baking. I can officially say that even with my screw up the recipe still rocked. I love the combination of flavors and you apparently can’t mess it up by marinating it too long. I think I might try some in a tofu wrap….I’ll dig around and see what I have at the house that would go well. To be continued……
Cara’s Sesame Maple Ginger Tofu turned Maple Marinated Fu (oops) Sticks
1. Press the tofu overnight.
2. Marinate the tofu overnight.
3. Cut into sticks.
4. Bake at 475 for 25 to 30 minutes turning half way through.