2/3 cup whole wheat couscous (2 servings) cooked to package directions
1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
Greek dressing, to cover shrimp
1 Vidalia onion, chopped
2-3 Tbsp chicken broth or water
2 tsp minced garlic
1 bunch of fresh kale, washed, destemmed and chopped
Dash of semi-dry white wine
4 cups baby spinach
Handful of toasted pine nuts
1 tsp red wine vinegar
4 Tbsp feta cheese
Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
1. Place the shrimp in a medium bowl and pour Greek or Italian dressing over, toss to coat.
2. Spray a large, straight sided skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat.
3. Add the onions and cook until soft, about five minutes. Add chicken broth or water as needed to keep onions from sticking. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute.
4. Place the shrimp in the pan and cook for about a minute until first side begins to turn pink. Turn to second side and top with kale. Cover and cook an additional two minutes.
5. Pour a dash of white wine to the pan and stir to combine shrimp and kale mixture. Cook two more minutes.
6. Remove pan from heat and stir spinach. Gently mix to wilt. Add in couscous, handful of toasted pine nuts and 1 tsp red wine vinegar.
7. Top each serving with 1 Tbsp feta cheese.