On April 21, the Duval County Food Policy Council, an organization dedicated to improving community health, is hosting the first-ever Duval County Food Summit . Bringing key players within the food system together for the first time in a public conversation, we’ll work together to improve the quality and accessibility of healthy food in our community.
Recognizing that access to fresh and affordable food is a vital component to building a healthy and thriving community; please join in this important conversation. Your participation is the first step in a community-based effort to ensure a quality food system leading to better health for all people throughout Duval County . The program will feature Dr. Oran Hesterman, President of the Fair Food Network, Eric Olsen, VP government relations Feeding America , and our hometown Naval Hospital Director of Public Health Dr. Joseph McQuade, who will guide us in:
- Uncovering the challenges and opportunities to bringing healthy food to all members of our community
- Learning how to advocate for greater access to fresh and healthy food
- Discovering how simple, tasty and affordable eating healthy can be
- Exchanging tips and resources to incorporate healthy food into everyday routine
- Children’s nutrition and “what is eating our children”.
Duval County Food Summit, Saturday, April 21, from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the Schultz Center . You are welcome to join for a little bit or stay all day. Enter FOOD 2012 in the scholarship field during registration to receive free admission! 6 CEUs are available. Breakfast and lunch will be prepared and provided by American Culinary Federation chefs! For questions about the Summit , please contact Laureen Husband at Laureen_Husband@doh.state.fl.us.
For the flyer please click here.