Here are my top 10 reasons why Mila is the best gift for the people on your list.
1. YOU DON’T HAVE TO LEAVE THE HOUSE to shop.
2. Fiber aids in WEIGHT LOSS and BALANCES BLOOD SUGAR: How many people are struggling with weight loss and never feel full? Mila absorbs ten times its weight in liquids so it expands in your stomach. Many times I will drink Mila with juice before eating a meal and it will cause me to eat less without even trying.
3. Can heal CONSTIPATION ISSUES: Soluble fiber ensures hydration and insoluble fiber gently moves through the system, cleansing and carrying food along.
4. Omega 3′s can help DEPRESSION: Google Omega 3 and medical studies and you will see many studies on how Omega 3s can help. Here is just one example from the University of Maryland. The best thing about Mila is there is 3000 mg of plant based Omega 3s – so we don’t have to worry about mercury contamination like we do in fish. This is a FOOD. Our bodies will naturally recognize it faster than a supplement.
5. Omega 3s and HEARTH HEALTH go hand in hand: High blood pressure, high cholesterol and heart disease are all covered in this same University of Maryland medical study on Omega 3s.
6. NUTRITION AND ENERGY: Vitamins and Nutrients can give us Energy. The Standard American Diet (or SAD diet) is severely lacking in nutrient content. We try to counteract that by taking vitamin and mineral supplements. But think about it, our bodies recognize food faster than a supplement. It will recognize the vitamin C in an orange faster and more efficiently than a pill form of vitamin C. And our bodies simply need the nutrition. We can’t produce Omega 3s so we must obtain it from food sources.
8. Great BRAIN FOOD FOR KIDS- Check out this pediatric study.
10. FUELS WORKOUTS and keeps us hydrated! See how it absorbs all the liquids in the photo above? That is what keeps us hydrated longer. Loose the GU!
WHY is Mila different from organic or regular bulk bin chia? See this study from the North Carolina Research Campus.
Hear you can eat chia whole? Watch this study done on the absorption and bio-availability difference of milled chia.
The gift that keeps on giving – give your loved one a subscription!
Try the recipe below and these other delicious Mila recipes.
Chocolate and Peppermint Mila Popcorn
1 bag natural popcorn, such as Newman’s Own
1 cup chocolate of choice – I used the Bakers Dipping chocolate
1 scoop Mila
Coarse sea salt, to taste
1 candy cane, crushed
1. Cook popcorn to package directions and remove any un-popped kernels; sprinkle Mila over warm popcorn.
2. Heat chocolate to package directions; pour evenly over popcorn; sprinkle sea salt and candy cane over heated chocolate.
3. Place in refrigerator to cool; break into pieces and place in a bowl or in decorative canisters for gifts.