These All Natural Zucchini Muffins are moist and delicious with warm cinnamon and sweet raisins.
With the recent abundance of zucchini from my CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) I had one thing in mind….zucchini bread.
And then I started searching recipes and everything had about TWO CUPS of sugar. What? Is that really necessary?
After one taste of these – absolutely not!
These are super moist and light like they are made with tons of butter. They are about as sweet as a cornbread, so they would be perfect to set at the table for dinner, eat as breakfast, enjoy as dessert or thrown in a lunch bag for a healthy snack. Nuts would be delicious in this, but since my daughter is allergic we left those out and added the raisins.
I’m embarrassed to admit we polished them off in about two days. Between desserts and breakfast we were fighting over these. I think next time I’ll be making a double batch – one with walnuts or pecans for me.
Hands off my muffins!
As a time saver for you I put links to my favorite products in the ingredient list. I love Thrive Market as an option if you don’t have a local natural food store in your area because you can get 20-40% off organic products you use every day. It’s an awesome deal. And they give you free shipping over $49. There’s a membership fee but it’s only $50. You’ll save that in one shopping spree and that’ll save you all year!
All Natural Zucchini Muffins (Get the printable recipe waaaay at the bottom.)
Vegan, Gluten Free, Sugar Free!
Inspired by Iowa Farmers Wife
2 tbsp ground flax seed + 6 tbsp water (vegan “eggs”)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 c agave
1 cup shredded zucchini
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon and/or pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 cups gluten free all-purpose baking flour (or whole wheat or brown rice flour would also work)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup loosely packed raisins
1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Mix the flax egg and set aside for about 5 minutes. Mix the olive oil, agave, zucchini and vanilla in a medium bowl, stir in the flax egg. Stir in flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt; mix until just wet and ingredients are combined; fold in raisins.
2. Pour batter into 12 muffin tins, sprayed with cooking spray (I used organic coconut oil spray). Bake about 18 minutes or until browned and a knife comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 9.9 g
Saturated Fat 1.3 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.1 g
Monounsaturated Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 98.6 mg
Potassium 102.5 mg
Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 2.1 g
Vitamin A 4.2 %
Vitamin B-12 0.0 %
Vitamin B-6 1.6 %
Vitamin C 1.8 %
Vitamin D 0.0 %
Vitamin E 5.9 %
Calcium 1.8 %
Copper 1.9 %
Folate 0.9 %
Iron 4.8 %
Magnesium 1.6 %
Manganese 3.0 %
Niacin 0.7 %
Pantothenic Acid 0.3 %
Phosphorus 1.4 %
Riboflavin 1.0 %
Selenium 0.2 %
Thiamin 1.1 %
Zinc 0.5 %
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*This blog post contains affiliate links for products I’ve used, love and recommend that I know you’ll benefit from if you choose to check them out. Should you decide to purchase, you support Florida Coastal Cooking & Wellness at not a cent additional cost to you. I’m so, so grateful for your support. Without you, I couldn’t provide tons of yummy free recipes, current information, inspiration and more. With light, love and gratitude from me, Dawn Hutchins, Founder of Florida Coastal Cooking & Wellness
My crystal ball tells me you’re someone that likes tasty, healthy and simple recipes.
I think you’ll like my 6 Ingredient or Less Cookbook. Click here to learn more.
Pfew! You made it all the way down here. I know it was a long way. Here’s your printable recipe.
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed + 6 tbsp water (vegan "eggs")
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon and/or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all-purpose baking flour (or whole wheat or brown rice flour would also work)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup loosely packed raisins
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F. Mix the flax egg and set aside for about 5 minutes. Mix the olive oil, agave, zucchini and vanilla in a medium bowl, stir in the flax egg. Stir in flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt; mix until just wet and ingredients are combined; fold in raisins.
- 2. Pour batter into 12 muffin tins, sprayed with cooking spray (I used organic coconut oil spray). Bake about 18 minutes or until browned and a knife comes out clean.
- Vegan, Gluten Free, Sugar Free!