Though it’s still warm here in Florida, fall spirit has descended upon us like a warm, cozy, trendy, scarf-wrap. This four-ingredient Pumpkin Pie Smoothie will help get you in the warm and cozy mood, without the hairline sweat you’d get from downing a hot PSL in 90 degrees.
But enough about this smoothie. Let’s talk about me. Fall has me brought four magnificent reasons to celebrate….
Four Reasons I’m Psyched About This Fall
- My 16th anniversary was just a few days ago on this 6th. Sixteen years. It blows my mind. Mainly because it makes me realize how old I am. Does it count that I feel like a 20-year-old?
- I’m going backpacking with my husband, Chris, this weekend on the Appalachian trail. I can’t wait to see the fall leaves and take a much needed technology break. After 16 years of marriage, hopefully we make it through this weekend without killing each other.
- My cooking classes are going so well! Imagine – kids learning the benefits of eating more fruits and veggies, and loving it. Say whaaaat?
- It’s the perfect time to share one of my favorite fall recipes, our 4-ingredient Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, from our Smoothies for Health Cookbook!
This four-ingredient Pumpkin Pie Smoothie isn’t some shoulder shrug, meh smoothie.
No no. My friend Brynlee and I logged grueling hours in the kitchen, blending, tasting, photographing. Let me tell you, it was tough work, but someone had to do it for the sake of supreme smoothie deliciousness.
Each smoothie was judged by four factors
- Ease of assembly
- Simplicity of ingredients
This pumpkin pie smoothie is packed with flavor, fiber and Omega 3 fats. This isn’t a super-sweet smoothie, so feel free to taste and add a dash of maple syrup for added sweetness.
What are you celebrating fall? Leave me a comment! Hopefully this smoothie will become one of them!
- 1 cup cold hemp milk* or any cold non-dairy milk (but it's yummiest with the hemp milk)
- 2 Tbsp organic micro-sliced or ground chia
- 2 Tbsp canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- Mix or blend all ingredients together.
- *hemp milk: https://www.floridacoastalcooking.com/2015/08/one-step-non-dairy-hemp-milk.html
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 6.6 g
Saturated Fat 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3.0 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 166.7 mg
Potassium 332.0 mg
Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 4.4 g
Vitamin A 165.4 %
Vitamin B-12 0.0 %
Vitamin B-6 0.9 %
Vitamin C 135.4 %
Vitamin D 175.0 %
Vitamin E 251.6 %
Calcium 107.5 %
Copper 153.7 %
Folate 1.0 %
Iron 13.6 %
Magnesium 80.8 %
Manganese 124.1 %
Niacin 0.6 %
Pantothenic Acid 1.2 %
Phosphorus 17.1 %
Riboflavin 3.0 %
Selenium 107.2 %
Thiamin 0.5 %
Zinc 101.4 %
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
If this Pumpkin Pie Smoothie sounds good, you may also love these smoothies in our Smoothies For Health book: