Helping busy moms (and kids!) kick sugar and processed foods to the curb.
Thanks to our sponsors!
Click The Below Button To Enroll Your Child
Thanks so much for your interest in the VegeCooking after-school cooking club.
Don't see your school available or have questions? Call or text to 904-534-4252,
email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to fill out our contact form.
The VegeCooking Club is a series of hands-on, after-school cooking classes for kids in the North St. Johns County area.
This program will arm your kids with the skills they need for a lifetime of health!
According to the Center for Disease Control:
· One third of our kids is overweight or obese. This is caused by " behaviors that influence excess weight gain include eating high-calorie, low-nutrient foods and beverages, not getting enough physical activity, sedentary activities such as watching television or other screen devices, medication use and sleep routines." (source)
· A child who is obese between the ages of 10 and 13 has an 80% chance of becoming an obese adult.
· This can lead to a life of chronic illness such as diabetes, heart disease, stroke, certain types of cancer and depression
· In order to reverse this, kids need to eat a wide variety of fresh produce, lean protein, lots of fiber, and decrease the foods containing salt, sugar and solid fats.
Regardless of whether our children are overweight or not, shouldn't they all have the opportunity to learn to eat healthfully, in order to get the vitamins and minerals they need for the best quality of life?
According to a PubMed study from the National Institute for Health, "findings suggest that cooking programs may positively influence children’s food-related preferences, attitudes, and behaviors." (source)
At the end of the day, we're worn out. Sometimes we just don't want to fight our kids to get them to eat healthy foods. Let us do the work for you! We use a unique mixture of fun and education as a force for long-term, positive change. We love watching kids cheer each other on to be healthier.
My son is raving about a salad you made in cooking class at school last Wednesday. He's a very picker eater and was asking for your salad!
Simple, Delicious Recipes
Keep it simple. We won't create complicated recipes that your kids can't replicate at home.
Hands-On. The recipe is made by the kids!
VegeCooking incorporates school standards wherever applicable - including science, math and language arts.
And it's more than just the cooking. Kids learn about living in a more sustainable way (we use real silverware and no single-use plastics!) and all about growing their own food forest through something called Permaculture!
My daughter's New Year's Resolution was to cook more with mom. Your cooking classes were the reason. Thank you!
Chef Dawn Hutchins
· Over twenty years’ experience in
macrobiotics and natural foods
· BS in Sociology (the study of people!)
from Florida State University
· Certificate in plant-based nutrition
through Cornell and the T. Colin
· Certification in nutritional therapy
with a focus in epigenetics.
· Over eight years of experience with
severe food allergies.